RED CHRIS 3 KM GRS CUT SLOPE RETAINING WALL
- Engineering & Construction
- Project Management
Landmark was retained by Red Chris Development Corp. to design and build a cut slope retaining wall on the Red Chris Access Road in Iskut, B.C. The site is located in very wet clay-tills that slumped onto the newly constructed access road. The geosynthetic reinforced soil (GRS) design allowed for both vertical and horizontal curves to be built into the alignment. The GRS concept also greatly reduced the cost of the structure by limiting the amount of supplies and materials required to be trucked to the site.
Landmark’s project highlights include:
- Access maintained to mine site
- Low cost compared to conventional wall systems
- Construction Duration: 10 Days
- Structure Length (m): 190
- Structure Height (m): 3
- Foundation Material: In situ glacial till
- Fill Material: Sands and gravels
- Finished Road Width (m): 4.5
Another successful project done in collaboration with Terratech Consulting Ltd.