OREGON JACK DAM REMOVAL & CHANNEL RE-INSTATEMENT
- Engineering & Construction
- Forestry & Environmental
Landmark was awarded a contract to remove an existing earth and blast rock filled dam (~1250m3), stockpile excavated material near the site, remove the existing sluice pipe from the area and re-instate the channel to a natural condition. The dam was located in a BC Provincial Park and was inaccessible by conventional methods.
Landmark’s project highlights include:
- Safely completing the construction project on time and on budget.
- Accessing the site without having to build roads or trails.
- Innovating a work plan that utilized a Spyder Hoe, a Bell 214 helicopter and a skid steer.
- Heli-lifting a skid steer into the work site and re-assembling the machine on site.