Prior to commencement of commercial mine operations, Landmark was retained to construct an 11.5 m high x 60 m long GRS wall at the Pretivm mine site, north of Stewart, BC. The wall was constructed to expand the area adjacent to the mill building.
• Excavation and scaling to bedrock for first row of forms,
• Construction of GRS wall using AIL100 fabric and local 75mm minus crush,
• Compaction of material using a 1000 lb plate packer and placement of fabric in 23cm and 28 cm lifts,
• Establishment of wick drain at designated intervals,
• Installation and repositioning of fall protection as the wall height changed,
• Completed final grading and berm construction.
About the mine: The Brucejack Mine is a high-grade gold underground mine located in northwestern British Columbia, approximately 65 kilometers north of Stewart. A year-round, all-weather access road connects the mine to Highway 37. The mine’s operations and camps are fully grid-powered, with diesel backup available. The mine began commercial operation in July 2017. (Pretivm website)